Monday, February 6, 2012

Goodbye Tyson

Friday went down in the books as one of the hardest days.  We had to say goodbye to our best friend Tyson.  For the past few weeks she has slowed down to the point where she can't even get up sometimes without help.  Most days she would lay on her bed and not even move.  Usually the first to charge to the door when Jason got home, she couldn't even muster enough energy to greet him.  We were putting off the inevitable but finally decided to take her to the vet.  That is when we heard the news we were dreading.  She had a severe case of cancer and was in a lot of pain.  I got the call from Jason while I was driving with the kids.  Trying to hide my uncontrollable tears (Ryden gets upset when people cry), I told him we would be right home.  Teresa dropped everything to come watch the kids while Jason and I went to say goodbye for the final time.  At the vet's office, they brought her into a little room where we could spend a few last minutes with her.  I immediately broke down when I saw her.  All the times I had yelled at her, or not stopped to pet her, or been too busy for her came flooding into my mind.  Why wasn't I nicer to her?  Why didn't I pay more attention to her after the kids came around?  Why did I always get annoyed with her when she wasn't doing anything but wanting some extra love?  I laid down next to her and proceeded to tell her I was sorry for all that and I loved her so much!  Then it was time.  I was holding her paw when she took her last breath.  I could barely breathe myself because I was crying so much.  Just one more day!  One more hour!  One more game of soccer!  I cried the rest of the day and continue to cry every time I get reminded of her.  Today I was cleaning Molly's poops in the backyard.  I saw a few of Tyson's piles left behind and started bawling.  Needless to say, those poops are still in the backyard.  I couldn't bring myself to pick them up.  We miss her everyday but know she is in a better place.  I can honestly say she was the best dog I have ever been around.  We love and miss you very very much Tyson Miguel!!