Thursday, July 14, 2016

Grandma's house

Teresa wanted a sleepover for a few days with the boys, so we headed that way to drop them off.  Before we left them for a fun time at Grandma's, we all decided to do a hike together.  We drove up a super winding road to Palomar Mountain.  Jason decided to entertain the boys in the back with a little snapchat.
Not the best idea because Trevin got extremely carsick.  We switched positions so I could sit in the back and monitor him.  I look over and see this horrible expression on his face and I knew what was coming.  I grabbed my baseball hat off my head and he proceeded to throw up his whole breakfast inside that hat.  Well, brilliant me...I didn't bring a change of clothes.  Teresa happened to have a spare shirt of hers so we made do...he also threw on her vision which made Trevin's hiking outfit became more spectacular.
We got off to a great start.  Walking in the fresh air...wasn't too hot yet...mostly shaded path...
 ...lots of trees to walk on
 ....and trunks to explore
 ..and rocks to gather
 Then the complaining started...
 I blame it on all the bugs.  Several landed in my nose and ears and our boys are not used to dealing with things flying around your face.
 So we headed back down and had a nice picnic in the shade and explored some more.
 I have a picture of the boys on this bridge when Trevin was barely walking.  I can't seem to locate it at the moment.
Grassy marsh look out
 Probably one of my favorite pictures of the whole hike.  Grandma and Ry
And the shirt came off...
Can't get a decent looking picture with these two boys..
A Grandma and her boy
 And me and a bridge...
After the hike, we headed back to Grandma's house.  Thankfully, Trevin fell right asleep so we avoided any car sickness on the way down.  We set up a few pools in the backyard and the boys had a blast.
 Then the basketball hoop came out...
So many great action shots...but this one might take the cake...
 Ice cream break for Trevin
 Finally, we said goodbye and left the boys with Grandma for 5 whole days!  They are never going to want to come home...