Friday, October 10, 2014

Flashback Friday- Aug-Nov2008

Mel was ready to make a move to California, so we got several more visits from her to test the waters...Teresa was always happy to have her kiddos together
 Couldn't come to Cali without doing some karaoke!
 ...and some exploring
 ..followed by a snorkeling trip (and a traditional sunburn for Melinda)
Jason and I made a trip up to Paradise to see his grandparents.  It was my first visit and I fell in love with them both the minute I met them!  His grandpa was crusin' around on his bike like he was a 15 year old.
 ...and this picture...love love love
 We got to hang with J's cousin's also
 And show off our karate kick skills...
...to which Hayden copied immediately
 Brody has always been a character
 We got one hike in before we had to jet home.
 This has got to be one of my favorite candid pictures.  I was walking with Jason's grandpa and he was telling me story after story.  My laughter is very sincere in this photo.  I could sit and listen to him talk for hours.  He was such a caring and funny spirit and I am glad I got the chance to meet and know him.  I remember we went for another visit about a year later.  I ended up sitting in his living room with him and we watched the whole 'Sound of Music' movie.  His eyes lit up when he saw how excited I was to watch it for the first time.  He was giddy through the entire movie and kept looking over at me to see my reactions to each scene.
Jason's grandma was also very kind and welcoming towards me.  I could see her admiration for her grandson and also her husband.  She is missed dearly as well.
 Shortly after we found out we were expecting, we took a weekend getaway to Santa Barbara.  I remember feeling not so hot on this trip.
 We went to tour Hearst Castle which was pretty amazing.  Not so amazing?  Riding up a long winding hill in a bus and dealing with morning sickness.  
And back at home...Oceanside almost burned down.  I remember not being able to go to work because the freeway was closed.
 The Davies came to visit..
 ...and Ben figured out the dog door
 Little Jacob!  And Molly looking the same as she does now.
Seesters
 Good ole' Chuck E Cheese...
 And another wedding to attend.  My good friend Marilyn got hitched..
 Thus concludes my flashback fridays.  I have now caught up to when I first started our blog.