Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Routine

After many days of a fussy baby and feeding Ryden every 1 1/2 to 2 hours I decided I need to get this kid on a schedule. A few of our friends suggested a book called "Baby Wise" to help get a routine in place. I officially started it today. It entails feeding him, playing with him, and then putting him down for a nap every 2 1/2 to 3 hours during the day. This is suppose to also help with the nightime sleeping. I must say we kept on schedule pretty well today. The only downfall is that the book says you need to let the baby cry when putting them down for a nap because this will teach them to fall asleep on their own. Yeah....no thank you! After attempting to let Ryden cry...I made it about 45 seconds until I started crying myself and had to pick him up. So since this kid will not fall asleep in a stationary place, I had to put him in his swing for every nap time today. Bad habit I know but I just can't handle letting him cry when he is only four weeks old! So please wish me luck for tonight!!!! Hopefully I will have some good news tomorrow....like....I got a decent nights sleep! But I am scared because I don't want to put him in the swing everytime he needs to sleep. This parenting stuff is hard!!!

Oh and by the way...my little guy is ONE MONTH OLD today!!!! Where did the time go?