Friday, September 17, 2010

FATHER AND SON - HARLEY ADVENTURE

Since one of the reasons I purchased a motorcycle in the first place was to cruise with my pops, we finally planned a northern bound Calfornia coastal ride - Easy Rider style. Since he recently sold his Chopper, I rented him a Harley Touring bike (his preference) for this adventure. I had some recent mods done on my bike (its now loud as heck) and was ready to get my moto on!

Although this was a quick trip, we covered 655 miles in 2 days making it all the way to Morro Bay, CA and back - which is about 2.5 hours south of San Fransisco.  Riding a moto provides such a different experience than a car, yet its difficult to describe.  You obviously cant relax at all - especially in LA traffic. My dad and I cruised along highway 101 (or 1) along the coast the whole way up and you dont realize how RAD and BEAUTIFUL mid Cali really is.  Since we couldnt take photos while dricing and didnt have ample time to stop, this is all that we had time for :)
Getting ready to roll out of O-side althought the FOG was crazy!

Made a quick visit to my grandfathers house in LA. Maybe next time Tommy (my uncle) can join?

Awesome coast line off the 101 about 70% of the trip!

Pier outside of Malibu.
Morro Bay - volcanic Rock.
Posing for a quick picture before dinner. Fog rolled in and dropped temp to low 50's. Our hotel was 1/2 block away from this spot. Town was full of bikers!

The somewhat of biker bar we stopped at.. Doesnt look too tough when there is a BMW moto in front of the picture :) but they have good grub! We had to park our bikes in the middle - which was quite chaotic.

Malibu had this amazing 911 memorial with 3000 flags in the ground. We stopped to pay our respect..

I grabbed this image off GOOGLE, but we saw these color of cows all the way up to San Louise Obisbo.. Some cows actually had Zebra like stripes = very interesting indeed.

Moto pic (from the weekend before)