Saturday, January 10, 2015

Bearizona

We heard a few recommendations about Bearizona so we decided to check out the hype.  It was a place you could drive through and see animals in the 'wild'.  We were ready!  
  I figured we would see a few goats and deer and call it a day...
 ..then we came up to this sign while our windows were all down.  Cool...I'm sure we will see a wolf....
Oh yep...there's a wolf giving us the crazy evil eye!
 And then a bear just casually strolled by.  I know these animals were intentionally placed here but it was really cool seeing them up close.  It was like we were actually in the wild!
 Iphones were working overtime..
 I'm sure you all have seen Jason's bear video on IG.  Here is the behind the scenes pic...
 I thought I was pretty artsy with this one...American White Bison...standing by the American White Bison sign!
 Holding up traffic dude!
Trev loved sitting in the middle without a seatbelt.
 And Ry got to stand up..in the car..without a seatbelt!
 License to drive
 The boys had so much fun sitting in the very far back.  Ryden wanted to ride back here for the rest of the trip.
 BEARS!
After we drove through the animals (that sounds horrible), we went to the zoo area.
 Even though it was after Christmas, they still had all the decorations up and it felt so Christmas-y!
 Jason wanted a karate chop picture with the boys.  They didn't get the memo!
 My little bundle baby.  In his defense, it was super cold...but the scarf made him look like Ralphie's brother.  "I can't put my arms down.."
Here's your karate chop picture Jason...a little too late Trev.
 They had a petting zoo.  When we entered, this goat was trying to claw his way though the frozen water.  Twas quite funny.
 Trevin had a grand ole time petting the animals.
 Ry....not so much
 "Look Mama...I jump over the poop.."
 Santa's sleigh
 Group shot.  I showed Jason and said "It turned out awesome because we look like we are in a forest."  To which he replied "Yeah..a forest with rope tied around it."  Buzz kill
 Ryden watched the otters for a long time.  I was frozen watching them swim in the icy water!
 Watching more bears from outside the car
 Entering the cave..oohhh...spooky!
 And one last picture of Trevin by the dippin' dots vending machine that he would not stop talking about.  It's 20 degrees kid!  And you want ice cream??!!