Wednesday, August 31, 2016

El Capitan...Glamping part 1

I have been wanting to find a fun trip that we can turn into a yearly tradition.  My friend Deb suggested we get a bunch of families together and go "clamping" (glamorous camping).  So we gathered up the troops and headed to El Capitan.  How much crap can one family have for a weekend?
 I fell in love with this place the minute that we arrived!  Each family had an adorable cabin and we were all around a big grass area.  We pretty much had the whole area for our group.  First order of business?  Start a fire to roast some weenies.
 Of course, we were with the Smith family.  Trev and Tessa ate their dinner together.
And the other half of the Smith/MacMaster duos...Ry and Liv
 Tessa was attached at the hip to me on this trip which totally made my entire weekend!  She would always look for me and ask everyone "Where is Amy?"  Heart melted.  We are besties.
 Had to take some selfies with my life partner Angie.
The lovely Deb who organized this whole thing.  She is one of my favs!
 See...best friends forever.  
 These two!  While I'm coloring with Tessa...they are off taking selfies and talking about toots.
Jason thought it would be a great idea to bring the tent and set it up for the kids to play in.  That idea was shot down when we got in trouble and had to take it down.  It was fun while it lasted.
 Such a fun, chill group.  I am really confused by the blue balloon in this picture though...
 Look how great this little place is!!
It was so nice to just let all the kids run around and have fun together.  And everyone would just play in the big grass area.
 And we finished the first night with a hangout around the campfire while the kids had flashlights and went on a mission to find skunks and raccoons.....
...to be continued.