Monday, May 25, 2009

He's finally here! Ryden William MacMaster

Ryden William MacMaster
Born 5/23/09 at 12:57pm
8lbs 4oz
20 1/2 inches long
This little guy decided he didn't want to come out so on Friday I went to the doctor's to see what his thoughts were. He did an ultrasound and said everything looked good and it was our decision. If we wanted to induce that day he would be happy to do so. I immediately got nervous even though that was the answer I was looking for. It made everything seem all to real. After little discussion Jason and I made an appointment to be at the hospital at 3:00pm to start inducing me.
After being put on Pitocin to start the contractions I was still feeling no pain. I was beginning to think that being in labor was a piece of cake! At around 11:00pm I started to feel the contractions but they were very mild. I was just so uncomfortable because every time I had to use the bathroom I had to ask a nurse to come unhook my monitors and I would have to drag everything to the bathroom with me! Annoying. The nurse came in to check me and I had only dilated 4-5cm. She asked if I needed an epidural. I could have waiting a while longer but decided to have an epidural just so I could get some sleep before the big event took place. After the drugs I was very content. Not only was I not feeling anything...but they gave me a catheter (gross!!) so I didn't have to get up to use the bathroom every five minutes. I was able to get some shut eye.
Around 8am I started to feel the contractions and they were a little uncomfortable. The nurse checked me and I was only 7cm so I was giving another dose of epidural to help ease the contractions because I knew I still have a few more hours to go. Well my body didn't take to kindly to the extra medicine. For the next 3 hours or so I was hit with slightly painful contractions which were completely manageable with my yoga breathing. I was also hit with a case of nausea which I was NOT OK with. So I was battling contractions and sickness for about 3 hours so I was rather unhappy. The nurse finally gave me some anti-nausea medicine which helped out for the last hour. After that I was ready to push. Dr. Biter strolls in wearing an Ed Hardy T-shirt ready to get the party started! I won't go into the details but I will say that the pushing was WAY easier than I thought. I only pushed for about 45 minutes and was overjoyed to feel my little boy on my chest. After about 20 hours of labor he was finally here! It was the best moment of my ENTIRE life!
Jason was an amazing support system throughout the entire labor. He did exactly what I wanted him to do which is NOT TALK! He just rubbed my legs and back and helped me breathe. And after everything, he sure is one proud papa!
Grandma Guinon and Grandma & Grandpa Ridenour were also there to welcome the little boy into the world. They are equally as overjoyed as us!
Although I had a few hours of hard labor, I would do it all over again because I have just received the greatest gift in the world!
Here are a few pictures of the event.

Not happy with my outfit choice..HA!





Dr. Biter in his stylish Ed Hardy shirt. Yes that is what he wore for the delivery.


The newest addition to the MacMaster family


Proud Ridenour Grandparents


Introducing the new Grandma T-Dawg



Going home! I seem to have taken home a beer gut with me!