Friday, August 8, 2014

Flashback Friday- When we got engaged!

September 2006:  Jason and I took a trip to Playa Del Carmen.  I had no idea that I would be engaged by the time the trip was over.  To start the trip off, Jason talked his way into getting us upgraded to first class.
I got an amazing room through my work (did I mention how amazing it was working for a timeshare company) which had our own mini pool on the porch.
Pool time!  Jason chalked up the trip with plenty of activities but let me have a relaxing pool day once.
 Then one night we were getting ready to go to dinner and watch the sunset.  I didn't notice at the time, but Jason seemed super anxious that I hurry up and get ready before we miss the sunset.  I remember thinking 'chill!  Plenty of sunsets to watch!'  Now I know why.  He set up an ipod stereo on the beach and started playing Al Green "Let's get married".  Then did the whole "I talked to your dad" speech.  Then flat out said "Will you marry me?"  You know the first thing I said?  "Where's the ring?"  He had forgotten to pull out the ring because he was so nervous.  How rude of me to not just say yes right away.  I will blame that on my nerves also.  Of course, I said yes and the rest is history.
 The trip continued with plenty more activities.
 Swimming in the underground caves...'cenotes' was amazing!
 Zip lining 
 Repelling 
Visiting the Mayan ruins in Tulum and Chichen Itza 
oooookkkkkk???
Xel-Ha.  A water park but not your typical water park.  
 Lots of snorkeling 
 And relaxing on hammocks 
Making best friends with a monkey
 We would walk the beach by our hotel and pretty much have the whole place to ourselves which made for good karate kick pictures...
 ...and pondering life pictures (I put my top back on right after this pic!  Hey..when in Rome)
Jason did an amazing job with the whole proposal and we had such a wonderful time that we went back to the same place for our honeymoon!