Saturday, June 15, 2013

New York....Day 4

We couldn't come all the way to New York and not go to Katie's neck of the woods.  So that's just what we did the next day.  How great is Katie....she came all the way to my hotel so she could help us ride the subway and bus back to her hood.  And oh boy did Ryden love the subway and bus!  By the end of the day he was an expert on the B trains vs. the R trains.  One is faster...one makes less stops...and I still don't know anything about the subway!
Standing out like a sore thumb (tourist!)....taking pics on the bus.  A local would never!
This one is blurry but I like it because it shows how I had to hold on for dear life on the bus!  I was in the center thing so every time the bus turned, the floor would move and I would do a few unplanned dance moves.
When we arrived at the upper east side we got to see Katie's cute apartment.  And then is was off to the greatest park ever!  It was like a mini central park and Ryden LOVED it!  We sat back and watched while he had the time of his life.  Especially on the bumpy slide
Best buds
Ok...I had to get the scoop on this bumpy slide!
So cited for this park!!!
After about two hours at the park we grabbed some burgers at Shake Shack and then headed back to the hotel.  Once again, Katie rode all the way back with us...hung out for a little bit while Ryden spazzed out on the hotel beds...and then went back to her hood...best Auntie ever!
Katie and I did manage to go to a solo dinner before she left, while Jason stayed with Ryden.  Jason told me that they ordered room service and Ry was in hog heaven.  When it arrived Ryden said:
"I don't like wine!"
Jason:  "That's water"
Ry:  "I get to drink water out of a wine glass??  And eat on the bed??  Soooo cool"
It's the little things....
Another great day in the city!